Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 118

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking!)

  1. #91
    Inactive Member home girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2006
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey thank's for the info Gus i'll be sure to watch
    that.

  2. #92
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    You're welcome Janet!
    Hope you got to see it.
    It was way cool!
    YEAH YEAH YEAH! //oo\\
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

  3. #93
    Inactive Member statstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2004
    Posts
    246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just got Paul's New Cd and I got to see most of the Larry King Interview. They give me hope that I can still act like a kid when I'm 65 [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I am a John Lennon Fan And I just found this cd, that was released a few weeks ago.
    Instant Karma, The Campaingn To Save Darfur. It is a VERY ECLECTIC mix of artist covering Johns songs for a worthy cause.

    41pL7MVRmNL SS500


    1. Instant Karma -- U2
    2. #9 Dream -- R.E.M.
    3. Mother -- Christina Aguilera
    4. Give Peace A Chance -- Aerosmith with Sierra Leone Refuge All-Stars
    5. Cold Turkey -- Lenny Kravitz
    6. Whatever Gets You Through the Night -- Los Lonely Boys
    7. I'm Losing You -- Corinne Bailey Rae
    8. Gimme Some Truth -- Jakob Dylan Feat. Dhani Harrison
    9. Oh, My Love -- Jackson Browne
    10. Imagine -- Avril Lavigne
    11. Nobody Told Me -- Big & Rich
    12. Jealous Guy -- Youssou N'Dour
    Disc 2.
    1. Working Class Hero -- Green Day
    2. Power to the People -- Black Eyed Peas
    3. Imagine -- Jack Johnson
    4. Beautiful Boy -- Ben Harper
    5. Isolation -- Snow Patrol
    6. Watching the Wheels -- Matisyahu
    7. Grow Old With Me -- Postal Service
    8. Gimme Me Some Truth -- Jaguares
    9. (Just Like) Starting Over -- The Flaming Lips
    10. God -- Jack's Mannequin feat. **** Fleetwood
    11. Real Love -- Regina Spektor

  4. #94
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Thanks for posting the list of songs and artists!
    I've been seeing the TV commercials and was going to look for that very list!

    & that clinches the deal, for me. I'll be buying it, for sure!!

    I think it's great, seeing Jakob Dylan and Dhani Harrison playing together and on one of my favorite John Lennon songs, too.
    I wonder if they are buds, like their dads were?!?

    #9 DREAM by R.E.M.?!?! That will, undoubtedly, be interesting!
    Lot's of cool stuff and for a great cause...
    Can't be bad!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

  5. #95
    Inactive Member home girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2006
    Posts
    324
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Gus i did get to see that thank god loved it
    and i'll definatly have to check out that cd can't wait to hear avril doing imagine sounda really cool.

  6. #96
    johnnyjosephemil
    Guest johnnyjosephemil's Avatar

    Post

    I caught Van Morrison the other night. Oh man! He makes it look so efffin easy. It was easily one of the best shows I have or have ever seen.
    Ninety minutes of pure magic. The only depressing thing came the next day. People were complaining how he didn't talk to the crowd,nor look at the audience. He actually did have his eyes closed for most of the show. I say so what.
    I was there for the music, not to socialize with the man. By what I've read, he's not exactly the easiest person to get along with, anyway. Who cares. It was a total pleasure, and I would love to see him again! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #97
    Inactive Member ellanoize's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2003
    Posts
    8,466
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hardly ever watch TV but I was recently at a friends house & I caught Amy Winehouse on MTV or VH1. I feel in love with Rehab, I just got the Cd and I'm going to wear it out. She looks pretty freaky, but late at night with the headphones on, you forget all about the image.
    She has a wonderful voice & the style of songs is a blend of Old School Soul & New Pop.

    Flip side, I saw Joss Stone on the 7-7-07 copncert and Loved her performance, but I also have her last Cd release "Introducing joss Stone' and I just can't get into it. I will wait and hope she releases a live Cd that captures her energy.

  8. #98
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    You mean you really got to see Van the Man Live in concert?
    Oh my god! At first I thought you were talking about a TV special or something!
    Wow! Is he touring right now? That THEM guy is one of my all time favorites.
    It's funny when I was a kid THEM came to my town and I was so excited because I had the THEM album and played the living daylights out of it.
    I didn't think they sounded quite the same in concert. Especially VAN! It almost sounded like a different guy singing and a couple years later, I found out it was a different guy.
    It was the latter day THEM that I saw. Hey, it was my first concert, what did I know? I mean there was a photo of THEM on the album but it didn't tell ya who was who. I figgered Van was the tall guy who did, kinda sorta, look like the singer I saw in concert.
    Actually it was a good show for a one horse town that held this rare concert event in the High School auditorium.

    Any way, I did see a TV special a few months ago and, yeah, Van is a pretty laid back performer but what a voice!

    Thanks for the VAN memories and I am happy about your good fortune in getting to see Van Morrison!

    Rock on!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  9. #99
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    ON THIS DAY IN HISTORY
    1958 - Julia Lennon, mother of Beatle John, dies in an auto accident.

    She had him but he never had her
    He wanted her she didn't want him
    so he just had to tell her
    Goodbye! //oo\\

  10. #100
    Inactive Member KellyJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That is sad. Was she drinking?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic